Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Investment Operations supports many of the Credit Investment teams with transaction management, asset servicing, investment accounting, reporting and valuations.
We are searching for an Associate to oversee the day to day accounting and monitoring of the Private Investments portfolio, primarily focusing on credit investments.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the day-to-day management of investment operations functions; ensuring accuracy of trade tickets and accounting entries, completeness of supporting documentation, validation of transaction amounts and ensuring appropriate authorizations are in place in order to facilitate investment closings
- Partner with colleagues from the Investment Departments, Structuring, Tax and Treasury to successfully structure, close and fund transactions by proactively identifying and resolving operational issues
- Assist in the timely completion and accuracy of various reports and reconciliations relating to benchmarking, portfolio holdings and P&L
- Assist in the review of financial statements, note disclosures and management reports to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as provide valuable insights and commentary
- Assist in the quarterly/ annual valuation process for principal credit, intellectual property and structured product investments; provide insightful analysis to proactively identify material valuation movements
- Provide insightful analysis of operational or business issues and provide direction in determining corrective action; promptly escalate irregular activities or issues
- Maintain an ongoing effective working relationship with internal investment staff and external asset managers to ensure issues are discussed and resolved and financial controls and reporting requirements are met
- Build a reputation as a subject matter expert in the private investments domain for issues related to investment operations and accounting
- Ensure ongoing compliance with reporting requirements and resolve discrepancies when exceptions occur
- Help recruit and develop and a strong team of finance professionals
- Continually strive for operational excellence; seek ways to streamline processes, create operational efficiencies and foster a culture of continuous improvement, enhanced controls and data integrity
- Ensure process documentation is kept up to date
- Prioritize workload in a timely fashion to meet deadlines
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics or other related discipline
- Professional designations such as a CBV, CFA, CPA are considered an asset
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong problem solving skills, comfortable working through unknowns
- Solid understanding of debt instruments and investment accounting
- Strong analytical, financial and management accounting skills will be necessary to perform this role
- Advanced Excel skills and comfortable learning new systems
- Team player who enjoys working in a high performing culture and is open to evolving and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach a high performing team
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
- Solid prioritization and organizations skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership & high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-PM1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.