Position Overview:Reporting to Team Lead, Corporate Accounting, you will work cross functionally with Finance Department team members in assisting the preparation of monthly Financial Statements and Management reports.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly Financial Statements and Management reports. Tasks include:
- Generate Financial statements and Management reports from Microsoft Dynamic reporting software (Management Reporter)
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliations, profit elimination entries
- FX revaluations on intercompany balances
- Assist in segment & gross margin analysis
- Prepare sales provision analysis
- Month end accruals and reclassifications
- Analyze variances between actuals vs. budgets for Management reports
- Performs other month end tasks:
- Assist in completion of US tax filings, Stat Canada Surveys
- Complete schedules for month end binder / Balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Assist in quarterly/annual year end audit
- Prepare Ad hoc financial reports as required
- Other finance tasks as assigned
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University degree in Business/Accounting.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience including experience within a corporate accounting function at a publicly traded company.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic AX or D365 would be an asset.
- Strong experience with internal controls.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing and/or retail environment preferred.
- Multi-jurisdictional accounting functions and multi-currency experience an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail with an interest in the big picture.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Strong analytical skills, proactive change management capabilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.