The Senior Product Developer is responsible for managing the development of styles across a collection with emphasis on design intent, quality, construction, fit and cost from initial hand off through style release to Production/Vendors. This role is accountable for providing the business with product Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Manuals.
Additional responsibilities include ongoing maintenance and updates of existing styles, costing, special projects, and product validation. Managing to the Product calendar is crucial for success of the Sr Product Developer’s role. This role requires high level of communication with the Product team as well as Cross-Departmental collaboration coupled with strong project management and time management skills.
- Managing Development of styles across a collection on time and with accuracy
- Create and maintain accurate Bill of Materials (BOM) and Manuals to ensure accurately produced Finished Product/Goods
- Attend and contribute to Department and Cross-Functional meetings. Addressing any outstanding issues on behalf of the team.
- Partner with Product Engineering (PE), Product Integrity and Compliance (PIC) and Production (Vendors for offshore) to establish and validate construction and quality in execution of design intent and margin targets for assigned styles.
- Collaborate with Product Integrity and Compliance partners in testing and validation of construction and materials as well as setting quality standards based on results
- Partner with Product Engineering (and Vendors for offshore) to ensure prototypes meet established fit intent, as well as established quality and construction standards.
- Manage to Product Calendars: deliver completed tasks on time at each stage of the development process, take initiative when required as well as demonstrate flexibility as needed
- Lead Fittings and Style Reviews with Product Team partners to ensure collection details, fit and standards are communicated clearly
- Create, distribute and maintain style specification and comment packages. Communicate to internal partners and external offshore vendors
- Participate in costing process and costing exercises
- Work with internal and external team members to engineer product costing options and solutions to achieve target margins while maintaining design intent and functionality
- Maintain and analyze costing for accuracy and share with necessary internal partners
- Support Quality Assurance and PIC in solving Production concerns and issues as needed
- Lead Prototype and Sales Sample reviews with Quality Assurance Team and Manufacturing
- For Offshore Development, partner with Design, Material Development and Sourcing to lead development and execution of vendor provided raw materials
- Drive consistency among new and historical styles within each category where required to maintain the CG brand identity
- Apply learnings from Product Insight reports to assigned collections
- Communicate as needed with external Designers/Consultants/Vendors
- Contribute to process improvement by sharing feedback and ideas
- Mentor and train new PD team hires are required
- Any and all duties as may be assigned by the Manager
Experience, Education and Designations:
- 5-7 years of working experience within an Outwear Development Role or related position
- Product Development experience in outerwear is preferred
- A Degree in Design is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of PLM is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator is required
- Knowledge of product construction required
- Experience with production, manufacturing and sourcing
- Experience with product costing is an asset
- Knowledge of line merchandising and product life cycle is an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to take initiative to achieve departmental and corporate objectives
- Ability to work as a team and maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Office and Manufacturing environment
- Business travel Requirements
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.