The Industrial Engineering Technologist is responsible for the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of processes within the manufacturing area of the business.
- Perform time studies and calculate the SAMs (Standard Allowed Minutes). Review the new SAMs with the supervisor and show how many units/hour to make 100% efficiency.
- Enter the new SAMs (Standard Allowed Minutes) into Leadtec and update the labor breakdowns.
- Recommend methods for improving worker’s efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Recommend to the Production Managers what machines or attachments are needed to deskill jobs or to make an operation easier.
- Review efficiencies with the Supervisors and Production Managers and discuss how room for improvement can be made, if necessary.
- Prepare labor breakdowns for new styles with estimated minutes for operation sequencing.
- Establish labor costs for new styles.
- Calculate staffing requirements per style.
- Design floor layout plan for new production lines.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Industrial Engineering Technologist in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Apparel manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Hands on experience applying Lean concept principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Fluent in English an asset
- Strong capabilities in planning, organizing and process control.
- Consistently exhibits Canada Goose’s Values, taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment.
- Must be familiar with computers and business software such as MS Office, and Excel.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Standing for long periods of time
- Some bending required for floor measuring
- May require some traveling between the plants in Winnipeg.
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Goose Team, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
Canada Goose Inc. is committed to delivering and improving accessibility in employment for all persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, in the application and interview process and in the course of all other methods of selection of employees. Successful candidates for employment will be introduced to and trained in respect of all of Canada Goose Inc.’s human rights, accommodation and accessibility polices.