This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Financial Monitoring Officer
Reporting to the Senior Financial Monitoring Officer, performs oversight activities relating to the use and accountability of Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) funds by recipient institutions.
The incumbent may be asked to perform any or all of the activities described below. Activities may change from year to year depending on priorities.
Oversight activities related to CFI-funded projects and awards
- Plans, coordinates and conducts monitoring visits at recipient institutions (to review key policies, practices, processes and controls in place at institutions for the management of CFI awards). This includes chairing meetings during the visits and presenting the findings.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts in-house contribution audits.
- Prepares files for contribution audits conducted by external auditors and assists in coordinating these audits.
- Conducts timely follow-up activities on past monitoring visits and contribution audits performed by the CFI or external auditors.
- Reviews fair market value assessments of CFI-funded items involving significant in-kind contributions and assists in coordinating the appraisal of these items when required.
- Assists in the review of the cost allocation methodology for CFI-funded construction that is part of a larger undertaking.
- Assists in the calculation, review and monitoring of annual payments made to the institutions from the Infrastructure Operating Fund.
- Performs analyses to identify risk areas requiring additional oversight activities.
- Assists in the review of financial reports submitted by recipient institutions.
- Updates forms and other information posted on the corporate website when required.
- Contributes to the CFI’s communication efforts by providing input and participating in information sessions for institutions and other organizations.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for Board meetings.
- Performs special project assignments as required and assists with miscellaneous finance activities.
- Participates in internal working groups on various topics as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- University degree in commerce, accounting, finance or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluency in both official languages
- A good knowledge of auditing and accounting theories and principles as well as the principles of risk management
- Strong skills in interpreting financial data and performing analyses
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work well with a small, dynamic and highly motivated team
- Initiative and tact
- Knowledge of the CFI environment and experience in award administration would be an asset
This position requires travelling within Canada (usually a few times per year for two to three days at a time).
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by end of day on August 15, 2022 to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canada Foundation for Innovation
We would like to thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canada Foundation for Innovation supports official languages principles, and respects Ontario’s Accessibility Standard for Customer Service policy. We attempt to accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
The CFI is committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion. In all our activities, we recognize that a breadth of perspectives, skills and experiences contributes to excellence in research.
Visit our website for more information about the CFI.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Canada Foundation for Innovation's offers that may interest you