This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Commitment to work-life balance
Employee assistance program
Employee referral bonus
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Public transportation nearby
Social activities organized by the company
We’re hiring! Come and join one of the fastest growing design services companies in Ottawa. BTA Design Services is looking for talented individuals to join our team. Be part of a company that offers interesting work in challenging, stimulating technical environments with companies that lead the world in technology and innovation.
We recognize that our strength is in the individuals who bring their talents with them to work so at BTA Design Services, we foster an environment where everyone on the team is appreciated, trusted and engaged. We also recognize that work-life balance is important and we strive to provide our employees not just with challenging roles but with roles that also allow them to enjoy family, friends and life outside of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Embedded Software Designer will interact with the hardware group to work on the latest SOC or FPGA technology. In addition, they will have the following responsibilities:
Specification and development of embedded software for use in Linux or RTOS environments and standalone products Design and implementation of software to control SOC or FPGA hardware solutions
This position requires a dynamic embedded software designer who is a fast learner and is eager to apply their skills working with the latest SOC or FPGA technology:
· A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent combination of skills and experience
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
· Experience with C/C++ required, Python, Perl or TCL preferred
· Experience with embedded software development in a Linux or RTOS (e.g. VxWorks) environment including multi-threading and IPC
· Experience in low level HAL, driver development, register interface programming of networking SOCs, ASICs and FPGAs
· Experience with micro-controllers and embedded processors such as ARM
· Experience porting/maintaining BSPs preferred
· Experience designing and bringing up BOOTROMs preferred,
· Experience with general algorithms, data structures and memory management
· Experience with standard devices e.g. Ethernet, PCIe, SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO and memory architectures DDR/SDRAM/DMA
· Wired networking experience on optical transport, switch or router platforms preferred
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Brian Turner & Associates - BTA Design Services's offers that may interest you