This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Address:176 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Great opportunity to join the Performance and Recognition team and drive the evolution of performance and recognition, in support of embedding our Winning Culture to achieve our Ambition 2025 priorities.
The incumbent will lead the end-to-end initiative to develop and execute the multi-year roadmap to evolve performance and recognition practices across the Bank. The multi-year roadmap will include changes to the program design, and importantly, transforming the mindsets and regular practices of employees and managers, in the natural life cycle of the programs across the Bank.
The incumbent provides expert advice and counsel related to performance management through a variety of business/group & leadership engagements to execute the HR strategy and support the business/group strategy. Supports/defines the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of the performance management program at BMO. Completes specific strategic & operational work to deliver business results and/or minimize risk.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for implementation of strategic initiatives and for business decisions.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Designs, develops and implements multi-year strategy (including governance design, program design, operating framework, tools and processes).
- Develops policy positions taking into account legislative requirements.
- Monitors program effectiveness and efficiency ensuing SLAs are met and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Ensures the execution of program changes in alignment with strategy.
- Recommends priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Directly or indirectly manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Enhances subject matter expertise and keeps abreast of trends by reading journals and articles.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Develops communications for senior leader and Board of Director meetings.
- Ensures alignment of program design changes are compliant to the operating framework, and adherence to regulations and guidelines.
- Assesses and adapts existing operational programs; develops new capabilities to ensure ongoing success.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Develops the design, development and implementation of multi-year strategy for performance management that improves employee productivity, engagement and advocacy in alignment with BMO’s overall business strategy.
- Provides input to policy positions for performance management, taking into account legislative requirements.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations. Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks program performance, and addresses any issues.
- Provides analytical support & recommends program design solutions, including manipulating data, preparing funding & forecasting models, preparing scenarios, developing preliminary results and monitoring variances to plan for various total reward programs.
- Participates in / coordinates industry benchmarking processes that allow for better understanding of BMO’s program in relation to comparators.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Builds alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BMO Financial Group's offers that may interest you