This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Address:250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:Customer Shared Services
The Team Leader, Payment Services is accountable for service delivery, execution and oversight of daily processes within the Payment Services business unit of Wealth Management Operations.
Strong written/verbal communication, prioritization and problem resolution skills are required. An understanding of accounting, reconciliation and payment processes are required. Prior people management experience or knowledge of Customer Connect, OLBB, Broadridge, RIS and other relevant systems are an asset.
Provides end-to-end support for investment and savings products for internal and external stakeholders for Wealth Management lines of business, with a focus on Payment services. Delivers operational processes and provides after-sales support to the personal wealth and asset management businesses and stakeholders. Areas of operational expertise include Private Client Division, Asset Management, and Self-Directed Investing accounts.
- Supports coordination of workflow and activities of the team, including assigning work, periodically reviewing output, providing input to employee performance reviews, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, operations research, and problem resolution.
- Fulfills routine and frequently non-routine transactions, responds to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries / requests, and/or audit/reconciliation activities.
- Acts as primary back-up to team members and as back-up to the manager.
- Provides accurate, timely, consistent, and knowledgeable responses to internal/external stakeholder questions and requests.
- Analyzes and resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with internal business partners and external customers in response to standard and non-standard inquiries.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendation.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational and business programs.
- Provides support on activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, forecasting resources.
- Evaluates circumstances requiring exceptions and engages senior management for resolution.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- May act as the day-to-day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Provides input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures and participates in the planning, testing, and implementation of projects and new / revised products, services, or processes.
- Provides accurate and timely processing of transactions, activities, services, etc. to respond to stakeholder requests in compliance with regulatory and risk controls.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day-to-day transactions, activities, processes and meet all Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems and resolves in a timely manner or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations to take appropriate actions and maintain operational integrity.
- Collaborates in the development / implementation of new processes/systems and changes / improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology - In-depth.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business - In-depth.
- Prioritization skills - In-depth
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth
- Customer service skills - In-depth.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - In-depth.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience..
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BMO Financial Group's offers that may interest you