Address:100 King Street West
Job Family Group:Technology
Enterprise risk technology team is looking for hands on team lead to help with performance improvement of current analytic aggregation platform and building new functionality to support upcoming projects. Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy. Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy. Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security). Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems. Uses technical expertise to support growing the business of Capital Markets and delivering an exceptional customer experience in partnership with colleagues.
- Helps team with system performance improvement, memory management and system scalability.
- Should have very good understanding of garbage collection, JVM tuning.
- He/she is responsible for leading a team of innovators and technologists and will provide technical solutions to team of both employees and onshore/offshore.
- Work with business analyst and STO to gather requirements
- Writes high quality code that meets requirements and unit tests
- Participate and conduct peer code reviews
- Create release documentation and prepare respective components for production deployment
- Contributes to growing / elevating the BMO and BMO Capital Market brand with a commitment to and presence in the community.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Builds positive client relations through deep/comprehensive understanding of client needs and alignment of products/services.
- Identifies and leverages key decision makers and influencers in client / internal organizations.
- Leverages subject matter expertise to enable innovative/creative client solutions.
- Interprets client strategy and anticipates needs to deliver solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service.
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads and implements initiatives as required to deliver business objectives.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads/conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Interacts with customers, business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of all stakeholders.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
- Supports production issues, includes independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Should have experience in object oriented languages such as java, C# and C++ on both windows and Linux platforms.
- Should have at least 4+ years of experience as team lead
- Must have hands on experience on java 8, multithreading, jvm tuning, performance improvements.
- Should have detailed knowledge of design patterns, system architecture and big data.
- Experience developing unit tests and experience with test driven development
- Should be able to analyze and troubleshoot production issues
- Experience in collaborative teams using revision control systems e.g. GIT
- Experience in building and using TIBCO EMS or other EMS would be an asset.
- Knowledge of credit risk, market Risk and counter party credit risk would be an asset.
- Should have special interest in improving system performance and scalability.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS, MS Azure will be big plus.
- Knowledge of Spark, Kafka, HBase, HDFS would be plus
- Knowledge of docker & Kubernetes would be plus
- Advanced level of knowledge in domain
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of electronic trading systems.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- Advance knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.