This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Address:302 Bay Street
Job Family Group:Business Management
Provides subject matter expertise in the design, development, management and implementation of assigned projects from business case development through execution. Works across BMO to deliver specific project/program business results in alignment with overall group goals.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Leads the execution of strategic initiatives; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Keeps stakeholders informed of messages, recommendations, decisions, process and progress.
- Leads implementation of strategic initiatives within group and across BMO by partnering with various internal & external stakeholders as required; complexity of initiatives may vary and usually involve multiple stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads change management activities, ensuring cross business/group coordination and logistical support for the implementation of change.
- Acts as a relationship manager on assigned projects/programs and ensures alignment to overall enterprise and group goals.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Participates in project/program design and provides advice & subject matter expertise to achieve required business results.
- Conducts analysis required to inform strategic recommendations and considers the “big picture” when assessing whether or not a course of action is advisable in terms of the group and enterprise goals.
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, develop and implementation of programs & solutions.
- May network with industry contacts to gather and identify competitive insights and best practices.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Identifies enablers and key issues prior to and during implementation, raises issues with stakeholders and offers solutions to resolve issues or risks that jeopardize delivery.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BMO Financial Group's offers that may interest you