This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Address:100 King Street West
Job Family Group:Customer Solutions
Conducts investment research to support portfolio and business objectives, including performing fundamental research that supports portfolio management and the development of new investment strategies. Works closely with Portfolio Managers and the portfolio management team to capture research in the portfolio management process.
- Acts as a trusted subject matter expert to assigned investment sector(s) or coverage area.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve investment objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions or recommendations based on analysis of issues and implications for the investment sector and/or portfolio.
- May assist in the development of sector or portfolio strategies.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to contribute to team priorities or strategies to resolve strategic issues.
- Works with more senior staff on larger and/or more-complex client portfolios or mandates, territories, issues and relationships.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Analyses complex data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- May manage databases and provide support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined research.
- Seeks new opportunities, and provides information about investment performance, philosophy, and asset allocation.
- Monitors domestic and international economic and political trends for potential impact on the fundamentals of issuers, industries, and portfolios.
- Reviews academic literature and maintains knowledge and understanding of the market/industry.
- Evaluates alternate third-party data sources, models, or software.
- Presents research results to internal and external clients.
- Provides written and verbal research reports to Portfolio Managers for communication to clients.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- CFA heavily preferred
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding of the functional area.
- Growing understanding of the market.
- In-depth analytical and interpretive skills; capable of sourcing and identifying pertinent factors from large volumes of information.
- In-depth organizational skills; strong attention to detail and risk.
- Able to maintain effectiveness, accuracy and performance in a fast-paced and demanding environment with multiple concurrent priorities.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BMO Financial Group's offers that may interest you