This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Address:100 King Street West
Job Family Group:Corporate Affairs
The Creative Design Specialist is responsible for designing powerful presentations, templates and marketing materials for the BMO Capital Markets business group. Creative projects may include creating bespoke presentations, designing custom graphics or illustrations using specialized software packages. The work demands strong sense of design and creativity with the ability to provide innovative solutions for maximum visual impact.
The incumbent is responsible for working collaboratively with clients and other Desktop Services staff, including external vendors. In addition, the incumbent will assist with special projects and provide insights on opportunities within the team to leverage technology to refine operations.
1. Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing (85%)
2. Projects & Support (15%)
1) Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing
- Develop cutting-edge design concepts, creative slide layouts and other visual communication for internal and external meetings while ensuring compliance to the BMO brand standards and consistency across multiple mediums
- Create custom presentations, banner ads, invitations and creative materials using interactive designs and visually appealing concepts
- Transform generic, text-heavy presentations into visually appealing layouts and infographics
- Search photo and vector stock galleries to fulfill requests for infographics/digital photos for invites, presentations and other marketing materials
- Produce accurate and high-quality work while ensuring that all assigned projects are completed on time
- Create interactive forms based on client requirements for editing or file sharing
- Create high level maps with asset and location details
- Responsible for quality control of assigned projects, and execution of brand strategies and design standards
- Collaborate with team members on complex or special projects
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
- Contribute to the innovative development of the Desktop Services department
2) Projects & Support
- Accurately track, code and log all incoming creative and administrative projects into the project management propriety CRM application
- Provide rotational workflow coordination support as needed
- Provide training to team, administrative support staff and professional staff as requested
- Effectively manage, prioritize, and organize projects using proprietary CRM application to ensure projects deadlines are met
- Communicate potential delays to workflow, clients and other stakeholders in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increasing efficiencies
- Perform other related duties and assist with special projects as assigned by management in response to the company’s needs
- Maintain and upgrade the skills needed to effectively perform role duties
- The incumbent is required to work within a PC environment with advance knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat DC) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (PowerPoint, Excel and Word). The Creative Design Specialist will primarily be working in PowerPoint, Word and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- The work demands a strong sense of design and creativity with the ability to provide innovative solutions for maximum visual impact
- The role works collaboratively with clients and other Desktop Services staff
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, overtime and weekends as required
- This role has direct or in-direct impact on the following:
- Directly impacts the quality of work submitted to client on behalf of Desktop Services
- Reputation and integrity of the Desktop Services department
- Staff performance and adherence to department policies and procedures
- Efficient operations and business continuity within Desktop Services department
- Internal and external business risk management
- Impacts the reputation and integrity of the business as well as its commitment to quality
- Auditing - Ensure Desktop Services work meets high standards as mandated by BMO CM brand and service standards.
- Cross-functionality - Must be cross functional in creative design, workflow, quality control and publishing practices, standards and procedures, as well as knowledgeable in all associated software and tools of the Desktop Services team.
- Advisory - Advise client on project feasibility, offer viable solutions and determine best approach
- Autonomy - Work independently to produce creative and engaging presentation layouts; Interpret client requests to create high quality, bespoke infographics; Ability to assess scope of project and devise a systematic approach to deliver within desired timeframe; Choose appropriate stock photos, illustrations or infographics to use in presentations while adhering to legal and brand compliance; Create interactive forms based on client requirements for editing or file sharing.
Interacts with colleagues, BMO CM professional at all levels, vendors and external organizations globally, dealing with multiple time-zones and cultural implications depending on unique requirements of the business unit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years of Graphic Design experience in a fast paced corporate environment, including a minimum of 1 years within investment banking
- Minimum 2 years of Desktop Publishing experience utilizing Microsoft Office with a focus on designing PowerPoint templates and presentations within the financial industry; investment banking preferred
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Experience in print production and pre-press
- Provide on-call rotational weekend support as scheduled
- Work schedule realignment to effectively meet workload demands. Must be flexible to work various shifts, overtime and weekends as required
- Demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Fluidity in a PC environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat DC)
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for advanced document production
- Knowledge of conceptual layout designs and illustrations
- Advanced knowledge of mapping software and/or map researching, tracing and plotting
- Knowledge of current design trends
- Significant project management systems navigation knowledge
- Strong graphic design background with the ability to create versatile and engaging layouts to enhance content for presentations
- Strong sense of creativity and innovation with the ability to conform to brand standards
- Solid ability to interpret service requests to ensure the client ask is met and provide accurate turnaround timelines
- Advance organizational and project management skills to effectively multi-task and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Able to balance competing priorities while working collaboratively and effectively with clients and team
- Strong attention to details with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Strong analytical skills to effectively consolidate and report critical information to management
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Provide prompt and courteous service to clients
- Able to liaise with high-level company officers
- Comfortable working independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and respond to challenges, deadlines, emergencies, and a rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent at time management and working with tight deadlines
- Ability to convert multiple file types from one platform to another
Works in a comfortable office environment. Requires sensitivity in dealing with complex and confidential matters. Requires focus and concentration when managing materials for production. Supports a highly demanding business group, with high level of pressure to produce outputs as a result of multiple demands and conflicting priorities. Has limited exposure to risk or ill health however, high levels of stress may be experienced due to managing continuous multiple and conflicting priorities. Business group runs 24 hours a day, and therefore, flex hours including weekend work may be required with little to no notice. May experience periods of high-level stress as a result of multiple demands and conflicting priorities.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BMO Financial Group's offers that may interest you