This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Registered Practical Nurse – Casual
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Care & Nursing Supervisor a Registered Practical Nurse will provide clinical nursing services to residents through direct care or coordination of the care team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned).
- Use nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of residents
- Prepare and administer medications
- Document relevant information in point click care, incident reports,
- Maintain confidentiality at all times related to resident care
- Supervise HCA’s performance related to resident care
- Assess sulien changes in resident condition and behaviour and contact appropriate assistance including but not limited to: physician, ambulance, receiving hospital, next of kin, person on call for administration
- Transcribe and process medical treatments
- Communicate with residents’ families to inform them of changes, incidents, hospitalizations, etc.
- Carry out clinical responsibilities which include but are not limited to: admission and annual health assessments of residents; preliminary review of lab results; medication reviews
- Order, check, and store medication supplies
- Assist with medical examination and rounds and may be required to act as resident advocate, interpreting resident signs and symptoms and explaining medical regimen and recommendations
- Transcribes Doctor’s orders
- Complete assessments and care plans document according to Belmont House Policies and Procedures
- May be requested to undertake special projects by the Director of Care, Assistant Director of Care and/or Nursing Supervisor(e.g. follow-up on dental reports, review and revision of procedures)
- Care for psychosocial needs of residents, especially those experiencing difficulty
- Work cooperatively with Assistant Director of Care and Nursing Supervisor to review and revise work routines
- All other duties as assigned by Director of Care, Assistant Director of Care and Nursing Supervisor
Location: Belmont House
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Must have a current certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (renewed annually)
- Graduate of approved school of nursing
- Previous experience in a long term care environment preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care
- Basic Heartsaver certification recommended
- Certification in Gerontology recommended
Please note that Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicant througout the recrument and selection process in accordance wth the Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
You may submit your resume to email@example.com or through Belmont House website.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Belmont House's offers that may interest you