This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity
Our Calgary Commercial FRS office requires a Senior Manager/Vice President to work on and manage corporate restructuring engagements. The ideal candidate is someone experienced in the field of corporate restructuring and possesses an accounting/finance designation. Candidates must be able to work within a confidential environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role within a fast-paced environment, and work well both independently as well as within a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising corporate clients, advising lenders, creditors or shareholders through financial reviews, business turnarounds and financial restructurings (formal or informal);
- Supervise staff, delegate tasks and projects as required; develop the capabilities of less experienced staff through coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities;
- Ability to prepare or manage the production of integrated cash flow models;
- Analyze cash flow models, projections and business plans;
- Ongoing communications with debtors, creditors, the governmental regulators, and the Courts through stakeholder meetings, reports, attendance at Court, etc.;
- Ability to identify, target, and develop referral sources;
- Assist with practice development assignments;
- Travel to other BDO offices and off site locations as required; and
- Flexibility to meet stakeholders during off-hours.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration.
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work.
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients.
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent.
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace.
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development.
Qualifications & Behavioural Competencies will include:
- Enrolled in the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) program and have completed (or in process of completing) the CIRP National Insolvency Examination (CNIE) ;
- CPA accounting and/or senior finance designation required;
- 5 or more years previous experience within the Restructuring field;
- Able to liaise well with staff and outside parties;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of insolvency rules, laws and procedures;
- Excellent written/verbal communication;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint);
- Advanced financial modelling skills;
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills; and
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required.
- Willing to relocate to Calgary
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm;
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets; and
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BDO Canada's offers that may interest you