This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.Your opportunity
Our London office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Assurance & Accounting team and own the following responsibilities:
- Efficiently prepare year-end engagements and tax returns for your clients in a variety of industries
- Perform audits on non-profit organizations, prepare working papers and financial statements per regulatory standards
- Build positive working relationships with clients and effectively respond to request and suggestions
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities with existing clients
- Effectively communicate with team members regarding progress updates and issues on an ongoing basis
- Engage in training staff and invest in the professional development of your team
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, & are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive & engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning & professional development
Your experience and education
- You have completed your CPA designation
- You have 3 years of audit experience in the public accounting industry
- You enjoy working within the non-profit industry and are keen to develop further knowledge in this area
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other BDO Canada's offers that may interest you