This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.caDescription
Aramark Canada is looking for a Retail Manager to oversee our Tim Hortons operations for a recently awarded contract in the Higher Education space.
The Retail Tim Hortons Manager is responsible and accountable for the execution and delivery of all operational performance objectives resulting in meeting Aramark standards of guest satisfaction. The position is responsible for operations of 2 very busy - high traffic locations, which includes financial responsibility, supervising & training staff, ensuring standards and guidelines are met for operations, excellent guest experience and ensuring compliance as specified by the franchise and those of Aramark Canada.
- Ordering supplies and overseeing building maintenance, cleanliness and security
- Accountable for production of Always Fresh standards and waste levels
- Using restaurant specific information from the CPP (Continuous Performance Plan), plans and works to budgets, maximizes profits and achieves sales and transaction targets, controls Food/Paper/Labour costs in the restaurant, and administers payrolls
- Accountable for recruiting new team members, performance management, including training and developing new and existing team members, and motivating and encouraging team to achieve targets
- Builds the restaurants’ “bench strength” by identifying and developing high potential employees for progression to the next level
- Sets goals and objectives for his/her team while ensuring a culture of ‘open door’ policy for all team members
- Has excellent communication skills; ensures ongoing day to day communication with all shifts through communication log or other means
- Responsible for restaurant compliance with all applicable legislation
- Ensures high standards of guest experience are maintained and demonstrated as a top priority
- Implements, and instills in their teams, company policies, procedures, ethics
- Handles guest complaints and queries with professionalism and concern
- Prepares reports and other performance analysis documentation
- Establishes relationships with the local community and undertakes activities which comply with the company’s corporate social responsibility programs
- Establishes proper security procedures and ensures the reduction of team member theft and the safety of team members and guests
- Provides leadership and direction around waste management procedures
Health & Safety
- Is familiar with and works in compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment or clothing as required
- Does not operate any equipment, machine, device or thing, or otherwise work in a manner that will endanger anyone
- Knows, understands and follows safe work practices and procedures
- Ensures restaurant has a health and safety program in place
- Takes responsibility to ensure that team members are made aware of any hazards and that proper training is completed and documented
- Conducts regular workplace inspections
- Responds to and corrects unsafe acts and conditions
- Reports work-related injuries and illnesses to the appropriate internal and external authorities
- Performs accident investigations for all work-related injuries and illnesses
- Enforces employee compliance in regard to the restaurant’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Initiates performance counseling and takes disciplinary actions for non-compliance in matters related to health and safety
- Keeps the Restaurant Owner apprised on any conditions or practices that may pose a hazard to employees
- Makes recommendations for improvement to the restaurant’s health and safety practices and program
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client and support staff.
- Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client, and Aramark information.
- Inventory control and cash handling experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff and customers in a mature and professional manner.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Confident, organized and able to multiple task.
- Good customer service skills
- Knowledgeable of employment standards and health and safety legislations
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these pre-conditions.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Aramark Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you