This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.caDescription
Reporting to the District Manager, the Food Service Director will be accountable for the delivery of the highest levels of customer and food service across the location. Ensuring that the account meets and exceeds its sales targets by delivering innovative food offerings, promotional activity and great customer service. The food service director will meet annual budget requirements through a high level of execution of company delivered programs and personal accountability. With a focus on team development, safety and client relations, the food service director will be a leader with a hands on approach to doing business.
- Deliver excellence in food service and customer service
- Develop innovative menus and marketing strategically for the location
- Deliver company driven initiatives in service, food and safety at a high level
- Develop and build catering business
- Coordinate and supervise personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labour, scheduling, staffing and training
- Train and develop team for out standing customer service utilizing Aramark’s service excellence platform
- Identify and develop talent within the team
- Ensure that standards for sanitation and food safety are met
- Prepare business plans, budgets and forecasts
- Monitor financial operating results in order to achieve company and client objectives
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for all business sectors
- Maintain records to comply with Aramark, and government standards
- Ensure compliance with Marketing and Human Resources Programs
- Ensure adherence to Aramark’s policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to Aramark’s Health and Safety Programs
- University Degree or College Diploma in Hospitality management or related field an asset
- 5 years progressive management experience in a similar sized operation an asset
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, project planning, and financial management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, customers, colleagues and staff
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these conditions.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Aramark Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you