This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day, through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged.
At Aramark Canada, we strive to create a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of. Learn more at www.aramark.caDescription
Want to be part of a team that is taking on the healthcare crisis head-on? Looking for something new & exciting each day?
In this new role you will be part of a team of highly skilled cleaners assigned to critical environmental cleaning projects throughout Ontario. You will become the ''swat team'' for environmental services in healthcare.
You'll be known as the RDT - Rapid Deployment Team.
Starting Hourly Rate: $21.50/hour
The Custodial Services Worker performs the cleaning, disinfecting and performs ad hoc Custodial related duties in area(s) as assigned by the RDT Operations Supervisor to meet customer and client satisfaction. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location, based on client requirements and situational needs.
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, provincial, local, federal, and Aramark regulations.
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment to protect the safety and health of others.
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas.
- Reports maintenance concerns to the RDT Operation Supervisor.
- Secures the area/facility that work is being conducted in to ensure safety for all building occupants.
- Ensures security of company assets and vehicle daily inspection is completed as per Aramark Standards.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Meeting daily at the Head office in Mississauga , the individual must be able to travel within a company vehicle to various sites on a daily basis within a 250km radius from Head Office Location.
The locations may be predetermined a few days in advance. In the event of an emergency, the sites could be communicated as late as the morning of.
- Previous experience in infectious disease control, disaster clean up, and custodial pm maintenance is preferred.
- Previous experience in a team lead or related role preferred and must have the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Physical ability to wear restrictive PPE and Work in Hot and Humid conditions
- Must possess the ability to read and write in English and the ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Must possess the physical ability to lift and move heavy objects (furniture, cleaning equipment) and to stand and walk most of the working day and the ability to work from ladders while cleaning walls, ceilings and windows.
- Must possess the agility to work in awkward positions such as stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching.
- Must demonstrate initiative and judgement to ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
Finalist candidate(s) applicants must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening before being hired with Aramark Canada.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Aramark Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you