This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. We deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ+), DiversityInc, Equal Employment Publications and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more about working here at www.aramark.com/careers or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for coordinating and compiling weekly operating report and its functions - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue reconciliation and allocation of direct operational costs.
- Financial planning and analysis: Assist in creating weekly/monthly/annual financial reports
- Coordination of the general accounting function
- Journal entry posting
- Financial report generation on a monthly and annual basis
- Control of subsidiary ledgers
- Payment processing
- Cash receipts and bank account reconciliation
- Accountable for Cash Flow, Cash and Banking, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Weekly/Monthly reporting - including analyzing and providing reports to the Controller
- Audits/Contract Compliance - Responsible for completion of Cash, Accounts Payable, SOX, and other financial audits as needed at the operational level
- Meal Plans: assist deferred income account(s) reconciliation, annual meal plan structure/rate increase, and maintains patron management system balances
- Maintain all financial records and reports in adherence with Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy and all local, state, and federal regulations and codes
- Assist in operational support as needed with direction from District Manager/Controller
- Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive financial experience required, including AP/AR, payroll, and P&L management
- Ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls and monthly reporting is critical.
- Adhering to generally accepted accounting practices and observing all financial controls and processes is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work under strict deadlines are essential
- Must be organized, demonstrate initiative and have ability to diagnose current state and achieve process improvement
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
- Candidate must be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The finalist candidate for this position will need to complete and successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and a Vulnerable Sector Screening (if the operations we service require this). If hired for this position, your continued employment with us would be conditional upon Aramark being satisfied that you have successfully cleared both these conditions.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Aramark Canada Ltd's offers that may interest you