This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
Be Part of a top Pharmaceutical company with a global presence.
- Clean & Safe Work Environment.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Competitive Salary.
- Good Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick days, etc.
We have adapted our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.
Other measures Apotex has put into place include (but are not limited to):
- Staggering employee shifts to reduce the size of work groups
- Modifying our cafeteria space to enhance social distancing, the implementation of additional cleaning and sanitization routines
- Robust self-assessment and screening tools
- Non-surgical masks for employees working in GMP areas
- Travel restrictions
- Strict visitor screening protocol
It is important to note that while these are our protocols at this time, they are subject to change based on guidelines and regulations put in place by local and global government agencies.
For up-to-date information about Apotex’s ongoing efforts in response to COVID-19, visit: https://www1.apotex.com/global/covid-19-update or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Manufactures product as per customer and company requirements while working within a team environment. Is responsible for sanitation, set-up and operation of all production equipment. Follows all GMP’s, SOD’s and company policies/ regulations and remains aligned to the Apotex Strategic Objectives.
- Perform all duties according to the SOD’s, GMP’s and all other established safety standards and company policies
- Correctly complete all documentation as per SOD’s, GDP and GMP requirements, i.e., observations, test results, batch record information, etc.
- Access Apotex intranet for the purpose of locating and utilizing relevant SOD’s, MSDS’s, company policies and procedures
- Notify Coordinator in the event of a departure from procedure, product defect, safety incident or other serious problem
- Execute line clearance and cleaning verification activities as per SODs and established standard work
Productivity and Equipment
- Dismantle, clean, sanitize and assemble manufacturing equipment according to established SODs to ensure GMP compliance and meet department changeover targets in support of department and productivity goals
- Safely operate all required equipment and machinery including those used to manufacture, store, clean and transport production related assets
- Conduct in-process testing required in the manufacturing of product
- Execute applicable SAP and LIMS transactions accurately and in a timely manner
- Effectively process batches within specifications to meet department batch execution targets by ensuring optimal run rates in support of schedule adherence
- Complete master batch records and associated production documentation accurately and timely
- Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment while performing all job related duties
- Understand cycle time concepts and sources of unreliability to focus on critical areas of improvement
- Support LEAN initiatives and participate in Kaizen events
- Perform the CPC or LT responsibilities as required
- Operate computerized control panel/Human Machine Interface (HMI) to monitor the process
- Control process start up and shut down
- Issue maintenance notifications and prepare equipment for maintenance work orders as required
- May rotate between different processing rooms during shift(s) as required
1. Actively seeks and accepts positive and constructive feedback from colleagues and leadership
2. Works effectively with team members in support of team and department goals
3. Communicates effectively both verbally and written, in English
4. Perform any related duties as assigned
5. Actively contributes in team meetings and other team-related activities
Minimum secondary school diploma or recognized equivalent
Ability to lift 20 kgs. on a regular basis
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment and Respiratory Protection responsibly as per Apotex procedures.
Previous manufacturing experience within Food/Pharmaceutical Industry is an asset
Working knowledge of Windows Operating System
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
Results and customer service oriented, pursues work with energy and drive
Ability to function in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
Self-Managed team player with a positive attitude exhibiting cooperation, communication, flexibility and initiative to acquire functional skills
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other APOTEX's offers that may interest you