This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines for patients around the world. Apotex employs almost 8,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations. Apotex Inc. exports to more than 100 countries and territories and operates in more than 45 countries, with a significant presence in Canada, the US, Mexico, and India. Through vertical integration, Apotex is comprised of multiple divisions and affiliates including Apotex Inc., focused on generics; Apobiologix, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on biosimilar development; Aveva, an affiliate of Apotex Inc. fully integrated global developer and manufacturer of complete transdermal solutions; Apotex Consumer Products, a division of Apotex Inc. focused on brand name products; and Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (GAPI), a division of Apotex Inc. focused on the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) for Apotex and third parties. For more information visit: www.apotex.com.
The data steward is accountable for the management and fitness of pre-defined domains of master data elements such as Vendor, Material, Product, Finance, or Customer Service related master data. Sponsored by data owners and participating in an overall master data management process, data stewards are responsible for managing all aspects of pre-defined data with respect to data integrity, accuracy as well as privacy where required. They possess strong process domain and data management knowledge, and have skills in analysis, facilitation and negotiation, and communication.
- Defining data definitions for key master data elements
- Ensuring that business roles are maintained and updated when required within data definitions
- Developing, implementing and providing oversight for CRUD(create, read, update and delete) workflows - defining and implementing tools, processes and approval work-flows for the creation, update and deletion of master data elements in the context of broader entity master data management practices, ensuring that key systems integration points, data sources and data mapping processes are reflected
- Leading and directly participating in data cleansing activities that validate gaps between defined data definitions and existing data, cleansing inconsistencies that are identified
- Defining, implementing and operating structured regular audits & validations, ensuring continued conformance to CRUD (create, read, update and delete) and data definition requirements once data cleansing has been completed
- Ensuring that security requirements are appropriate in support of CRUD (create, read, update and delete) processes, limiting systems access for the creation/update/deletion of master data elements to appropriate resources
- Train process participants in data definition, cleansing and CRUD (create, read, update and delete) processes
- Ensure strong integration between diverse stakeholders, including broader master data management areas and functional stakeholders of specific data elements
- Ensure strong ongoing communication of CRUD (create, read, update and delete) process status and issues to key sponsors & leaders
- Lead and support system and new business process implementation, Master Data Program implementation and improvement initiatives
- Post-Secondary education required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with data management and data analysis processes & tools; Vendor Master knowledge would be a definite asset
- Minimum 1 year experience with Informatica tools (i.e. MDM, Axon, IDQ) or equivalent data management tools
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Strong project management skills
- Strong functional and data-specific understanding of relevant business process areas, including integration to other areas
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to plan, lead and manage - driving cleansing efforts and leading CRUD (create, read, update and delete) processes for defined master data elements
- General understanding of data modelling & data warehouse concepts
- Solid ability at conflict resolution - reconciling competing stakeholder & process need
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other APOTEX's offers that may interest you