This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
November 5, 2020
The Manager, Design is an inspiring and motivating leader responsible for ensuring all projects are planned and designed in accordance with the functional and aesthetic requirements of the Amica Design Guidelines, reflecting the Amica identity. This role seeks cross functional input to ensure the design programme is aligned with the project proforma and market segment positioning. Working with the Amica design team, the incumbent will be responsible for managing multiple projects.
- The Manager, Design is responsible to ensure the design meets brand expectations while meeting budgets, schedules and operational requirements.
- This role works in close partnership with internal and external stakeholders, along with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates and shares an in-depth knowledge of materials, construction methods, detailing, best practices in interior architecture, spatial planning and interior fit-outs, millwork design, lighting and acoustics.
- Facilitates the entire design process from conceptual to project close out.
- Provides consistent, thoughtful and relevant design commentary and critique
- Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes.
- Responsible for managing a team monitoring the quality of work, identifying and mitigating risks, and closing out successful projects that contribute to the enhancement of the brand.
- Provides coordination and information to the Consultants and the development team as required, to facilitate the success of the project
- Provides leadership and support to the Turnover team and process as required
- Ensures compliance of the Design Guidelines; ensuring these are updated and maintained to reflect the evolution of the Brand.
- Provide accurate and timely project update reports
- Managing, scheduling, tracking and providing oversight to the design timeline
- Completes other projects and duties, as assigned
- Flexibility in work hours; car and travel required
- Design experience in relevant field; custom residential and hospitality design an asset
- Extensive experience creating interior architecture concepts
- Relevant experience in project accountability, managing direct reports, budgets and external consultants
- Proven experience of all stages of design
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and to handle multiple and changing priorities; able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make good decisions; able to identify when appropriate guidance is required
- Excellent organizational skills; accuracy and thoroughness combined with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; should be capable of working with all levels of staff as well as consultants
- Proficient in presentation skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to follow up on issues
- Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related fields
- Project Management experience in high end residential and hospitality would be an asset
- 6-10 years’ experience working in design, space planning or development environment
- Proficiency in drafting, modelling and the Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated experience with budget control, cost forecasting and scheduling
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Amica Mature Lifestyles Inc.'s offers that may interest you