This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ARE YOU CUT OUT FOR AIM GLOBAL?
Become a part of AIM Global’s history.
We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades through our employees’ strength and our clients’ trust, thus establishing our international presence and diversifying our expertise. Take your place at AIM Global, an integrated chain comprised of five divisions who work in collaboration to revalorize resources such as metals, construction waste, end-of-life vehicles and urban areas. We invest in our installations and employees to ensure a better future for all.
It’s simple; we do it right. We aim for excellence.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing strategic source to contract processes, RFx documents and KPIs across AIM including Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, and Supplier Performance Management processes. The Sourcing Manager will work closely with the existing Corporate Procurement team and with procurement managers in various regions such as Quebec City, Hamilton, Saint John, and Los Angeles. The Sourcing Manager will report to the Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
Key Responsibilities :
The Sourcing Manager will develop, document, build, and manage strategic procurement processes including Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, and Supplier Performance Management.
- Develop and Implement Category Strategies for main spend categories
- Support the development and implementation of Strategic Sourcing process and methodologies
- Lead & coach Category Specialists
- Analyze data, report findings and make sourcing recommendations
- Gather and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and trends to team members and business partners
- Manage supplier contracts, governance and control programs to ensure delivery of expectations and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations. Conduct market data research, investigate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new innovations, technologies and markets as business requirements dictate
- Lead the development of negotiation strategies and negotiations of high value/risk/complex agreements with large suppliers encompassing key program specifications and functional and commercial objectives
- Develop and track cost savings initiatives that meet individual targets
- Implement strategies that positively impact company financial results and growth plans
- Lead the RFx processes
- Identify and organize cross functional team resources responsible for Sourcing Strategies
- Manage and measure cross functional team performance against key business objectives
- Liaise with internal category teams and business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of current business requirements as well as long term strategies
- Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish short-term and long-term business objectives
- Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with a number of our suppliers
- Develop and negotiate agreements
- Track initiatives, supplier information and value creation in a central repository for reporting purposes
- University or post-secondary degree is required; degree in Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, Finance or Business, or is preferred.
- 7 to 10 plus years of progressive experience in leading large strategic projects, strategic procurement, supply chain management, legal and/or equivalent required.
- MBA or post-graduate degree in business, finance, or related field would be an asset
- Proven high level degree of financial and problem solving ability required
- Some knowledge of/experience with e-procurement processes and systems required
- Strong and proven business/financial acumen
- Knowledge of contract law
- Prior knowledge and experience in multiple commodities and spend categories required with a focus in
- Strong Project Management skills required
- Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset
- Experience with total cost modelling for goods and services
- Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Proven ability to perform in a team environment as well manage and lead a cross functional team
- Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
- Ability to influence change and work with ambiguity
- Proven track of high performance and ability to execute
The American Iron & Metal Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine gender is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 743999723884317
Other American Iron & Metal's offers that may interest you