This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Become a part of AIM Global’s history.
We have continued to prosper for the last eight decades through our employees’ strength and our clients’ trust, thus establishing our international presence and diversifying our expertise. Take your place at AIM Global, an integrated chain comprised of five divisions who work in collaboration to revalorize resources such as metals, construction waste, end-of-life vehicles and urban areas. We invest in our installations and employees to ensure a better future for all.
It’s simple; we do it right. We aim for excellence.
The Controller is responsible for the financial management of the Kenny-U-Pull division through the administration of accounting systems, preparation of reports, and maintenance of accounting records. The Controller’s main challenge is in regards of reporting improvement, costs reduction, optimization and migration of the financial system and analysis the current process in order to optimize them. He also will be responsible of managing the team and develop its structure in order to support the growth of Kenny-U-Pull.
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of improvement measures where necessary. This includes being a key participant in computer system trouble-shooting, improvements and conversions.
- Supervise the monthly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules to be submitted to the corporate accounting team.
- Control accuracy of costing and expenses.
- Oversee the processes related to the divisional accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset management and intercompany transactions.
- Provide meaningful analysis of both direct and indirect costs to management.
- Provide analysis of regular operating costs on a monthly basis.
- Provide a variety of ad-hoc financial reports, as requested.
- Advise support staff on general accounting and financial reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements.
- Develop and /or optimize processes.
- Supervise government filings as required.
- Supervise year-end audit.
- Participate in the migration of the accounting system.
- To manage administrative personnel located in Montreal and Laval, providing supervision, direction and counseling.
- To provide direction and training to new and existing employees.
- To ensure a positive work environment and awareness by staff of company policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- The candidate should have a degree in accounting such as a CPA and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a retail environment, an asset.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand the specificity of the company.
- Strong computer systems skills and ability to become familiarize with the softwares in use in the organization.
- Person with attention to details, strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Person having an analytical mind, a self-starter and an ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Autonomy, diplomacy, tenacity, rigor, flexibility and a hands-on approach are required for this position.
- Must have strong managerial skills regarding the support, training and motivation of support staff.
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English.
- Permanent position
- Full time
- Stimulating, dynamic and pleasant work environment;
What we offer:
- Group insurance after 3 months;
- Group RRSP after 6 months;
- Free parking;
- Gym on site;
- Social events (BBQ, taffy on snow, raffles, etc.).
The American Iron & Metal Company and its subsidiaries offer equal employment opportunities to all. The masculine gender is only used to lighten the text. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 743999725674231
Other American Iron & Metal's offers that may interest you