This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned, Canadian-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, AIM has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint.
At AIM, we understand that the well-being of our employees is the key factor for our international success. Accordingly, we promote a safe, fair and dynamic work environment that provides excellent training programs and career advancement plans and maintains the highest safety standards.
If you are looking for career development and an opportunity to work for a company that promotes growth, then keep reading!
In collaboration with the Director, the Buyer is responsible for the purchase of catalytic converters and for continuing training regarding the catalytic converter products. He will be responsible for business development by identifying new opportunities in the industry. The Buyer will be called upon to work in close collaboration with all the personnel, the various departments of the company as well as with the suppliers.
- Analyze and evaluate catalytic converters;
- Be a trainer and provide continuous training to all our sites while traveling;
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and their conditions as well as the legal aspects of purchase contracts;
- Responsible for ensuring maximum profitability while remaining competitive;
- Perform market analysis to establish the desired criteria in the purchase of products;
- Ensure coverage of metal prices;
- Responsible for communicating new market trends (i.e. price updates, new target markets etc.);
- Evaluate alternative suppliers, new customers, and new products, analyze offers and make supplier recommendations.
- Possess a College Degree, with relevant experience of 1 to 3 years in a job or similar experience;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Knowledge of the Spanish language (an asset);
- Expert knowledge of the Office Suite (particularly Excel);
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s license and a clean driving record;
- ·Hold a valid Passport.
- Priority management;
- Comfortable with numbers and math;
- Customer service.
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume and cover letter, outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !
- Full time hours
- Competitive salary, benefits &
- Career growth opportunities
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 743999723882569
Other American Iron & Metal's offers that may interest you