This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As a Surgical Processor, you will be responsible for the decontamination, reassembly and sterilization of hospital supplies, equipment and surgical instrumentation. You will use the principles of aseptic technique and follow Universal Precautions in the prevention of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI). You will ensure instrumentation and equipment is in proper working order, perform biological, chemical and quality assurance testing and report problems to the supervisor or designate.
- Classification: Surgical Processor
- Union: AUPE GSS
- Department: NZ ED HC CSReprocessing
- Primary Location: Edson Healthcare Centre
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.58
- Posting End Date: 25-JAN-2021
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp Part Time
- Date Available: 04-FEB-2021
- Temporary End Date: 04-JUL-2021
- Hours per Shift: 6
- Length of Shift in weeks: 4
- Shifts per cycle: 15
- Shift Pattern: Days, Weekends
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $22.77
- Maximum Salary: $25.95
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Completion of an accredited Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) program. Completion of International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) certification or Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certification.
Additional Required Qualifications:
Minimum of one year experience in related field. Experience in all areas of MDR. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently are key characteristics of the desired candidate.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Alberta Health Services's offers that may interest you