This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Windows Graphics Driver Software Engineer (C/C++)
We are the Windows Kernel Mode Graphics Driver Solutions Team and we are seeking the industry’s best C++ programmers, OS gurus, and embedded tinkerers to help us build the next generation of AMD’s Window Graphics Kernel Driver. Our team focuses less on parts and more on products, delivering graphics driver features and experiences that enable gamers, professionals, and notebook users to do more with AMD’s hardware. We are 30+ expert C/C++ programmers who develop kernel software, user-mode software, and firmware. We are intimately familiar with OS internals and graphics hardware. We are jacks-of-all-trades and masters of many - VR, multimedia, compute, pro applications, or gaming… we are involved in them all. We are perhaps the most technologically diverse SW team at AMD. Join us!
If you have an innate desire to solve tough problems, can write solid C/C++, have an affinity for operating systems/embedded devices, and want the flexibility to explore every aspect of graphics driver development, you’ll be a great fit for our team.
- Develop differentiating software features in the Windows Kernel Mode Driver using C/C++. Examples include ReLive, FRTC, Enhanced Sync, AMD MGPU, Eyefinity, Infinity Link, Stereo3D, and more.
- Bring-up bleeding edge Radeon Graphics gaming and workstation products, like the 6900XT
- Deliver the graphics SW stack for unique notebook products, such as the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3/4
- Work directly with Microsoft to introduce graphics driver support for the latest Windows operating systems
- Deliver AMD's Radeon Adrenalin and Enterprise Software, with focus on enhancing stability, performance, power, and security.
- Interface with other software components, such as user mode drivers, firmware, and the operating system itself
- Debug some highly challenging and interesting problems using WinDbg, GPUView, and other tools
- Proven C++ programmer (5+ years) and problem-solver
- Comfortable with OS internals, such as multithreading, virtual memory, interrupts, DMA, etc.
- Understands Object-Oriented design and computer architecture
- Exceptional communicator and collaborator
- Can surmount the steepest learning curves
- Has some experience with at least a few the following:
- Very large code bases
- Kernel debugging and driver development
- Game development
- Embedded programming and/or bringup
- Operating systems and computer architecture
- GPU graphics/compute APIs: Vulkan, Open CL/GL, CUDA, DirectX, etc.
- Driver development tools: WinDBG, GitHub, Perforce, GPUView, ADK, Visual Studio, etc.
- PC building
Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree. Masters preferred.
Requisition Number: 81961
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Advanced Micro Devices inc.'s offers that may interest you