This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Compute Software Engineer
Do you want to develop math and compute libraries to enable high performance computing and machine learning workloads at Exascale? AMD is searching for hardworking and motivated mathematicians, scientists and engineers to develop GPU libraries as part of the AMD Radeon Open Ecosystem (ROCm)
You are accustomed to working in a dynamic, geographically distributed agile team, where partnership and collaboration are paramount. You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to express your work in a clear, cohesive fashion. You are results-oriented and accustomed to tight deadlines and changing priorities. Most importantly, you are constantly thinking of ways to improve performance of software and hardware.
- Design, implement, and test GPU algorithms for matrix multiplication, tensor contraction, linear algebra, and other computing primitives
- Benchmark, profile and optimize code to improve efficiency on single and multi-GPU systems
- Deliver high-quality code and documentation following standard methodologies for open source software development
- Work with key technical specialists across AMD and with our partners and customers to improve ROCm applications, libraries, and tools
- Strong background developing applications and libraries in C/C++
- GPU software development using HIP, CUDA, OpenCL
- Understanding of CPU and GPU architectures and low-level optimization techniques including assembly programming and/or vectorization
- Parallel programming experience using OpenMP, MPI
- Analysis and solution of numerical problems typically found in machine learning and scientific computing applications
- In-depth knowledge of best-practices in software development, including testing, profiling, debugging, documentation, version control, issue tracking, and planning
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent
- Advanced degrees, such as M.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D. are preferred.
Requisition Number: 85281
Country: Canada State: Alberta City: Calgary
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Advanced Micro Devices inc.'s offers that may interest you