This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Program Manager : Mobile APU
As the Software Program Manager, you will manage end to end ownership and delivery of the Software Drivers required in support of the New Product Introduction (NPI) of next generation AMD APU based premium mobile devices for Teir1 customers. You will support complex software development, working directly with the customer and internal teams to plan its deliverables and then track its execution all the way until Launch.
Solid program management of various software development teams, monitoring the quality of the resulting software deliverables against customer metrics and a strong partnership with the customer are a few of the things required to ensure customer programs are enabled and delivered on time.
The right candidate will have solid knowledge of program management, impeccable track record of delivering complex software programs, and experience with Device Drivers, Firmware, Graphics technology, SOC product development and customer facing experience.
- Defines, plans and drives projects and program plans based on management and senior technical guidance
- Scope technical feasibility of new Products by clarifying and analyzing requirements with SW/HW Architects, Technical Leads and SW Engineers
- Develop SW program schedule by considering various Driver, SW Stack components and HW/FW dependencies, negotiate and create a Staffing Plan that supports the schedule
- Manage SW portion of customer/partner collaboration ensuring smooth working relationship, facilitating technical discussions, requirements clarification and progress reporting
- Support SW Technical Leads and key Engineers to drive technical innovations in pre-Silicon verification using a variety of validation tools
- Lead Driver quality and stability with respective SW Teams to achieve zero defects in production code and meeting key quality metrics
- Minimum 10 years proven large and complex Project & Program Management experience in dynamic and competitive industry
- Minimum 15 years hardware/software and/or customer engineering experience with exposure to Device Drivers, Firmware, Graphics technology, SOC product development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to handle all levels of interaction, including executive level internal to AMD and with external partners
- Horizontal leadership/Matrix management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Flexible working schedule to manage global (specific Asia and North America) program execution team
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree
- PMP certification is required
Requisition Number: 99461
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Other Engineering
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Advanced Micro Devices inc.'s offers that may interest you