This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We, Video HW IP/Solution Group at AMD Markham site, are looking for a ASIC Engineer who will drive and lead the next phase of verification strategy, methodology and prototype in an established VCN IP group. The role will require the candidate to initially acquire background working knowledge of VCN IP solution and verification suites. Subsequently the candidate will be responsible to define and develop an efficient methodology to further raise the quality bar of VCN IP solution such as overall verification, functional and code coverage solution.
- Under the vision of MM methodology strategist, work with VCN leadership and team leads to deploy strategy to raise the efficiency of IP verification, functional and code coverage.
- Responsible for further advancing VCN development methodology and testbench framework to support HLS design methodology
- Work with verification teams to improve and advance verification efficiency and raise quality bar.
- Work with E2E teams to improve overall validation efficiency including SW/FW to SOC.
- Drive automation strategy, process, and leadership in advancing validation of overall VCN solution.
- Minimum Master Degree in EE or CE, or equivalent degree.
- 20+ years of hands-on experience in ASIC development and methodology
- Expertise in ASIC HW design verification, functional and code coverage
- Preferred knowledge in video playback application and process in Windows or Linux environments.
- Practical C/C++, system Verilog/UVM development experience.
- Knowledge in Verilog, scripting experience (csh, perl, awk, etc.), UVM and HLS methodology
- Experience with simulation, DV tools, HW acceleration, and emulation are good assets.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to details, and result oriented performer
- Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- An organized, enthusiastic self-starter, strong interest in hardware/solution verification methodologies.
- Capable of working as an independent contributor or team member.
Requisition Number: 80944
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Advanced Micro Devices inc.'s offers that may interest you