This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GRAPHICS CORE IP DESIGN STAFF ENGINEER
This opportunity is for a full-time, experienced engineer who has a passion for the digital design of large-scale, complex computer hardware processors. The successful candidate will be working as the technical lead of a team developing and delivering RTL for AMD’s next generation graphics IP (GFXIP) cores. Our designers enjoy challenges making speed, area and low-power tradeoffs while driving functionality to closure. We use state-of-the-art tools and methodologies and deliver into cutting-edge silicon technologies. The successful candidate will work closely with various teams including verification, architecture, and project management, to ensure the RTL delivery meets the specified requirements and schedule.
Besides a passion for modern, complex processor architecture, digital design, and verification in general, these personal qualities are essential for success in this role:
- Proven analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- A self-starter who excels at driving tasks to completion and enabling collaboration amongst team members
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment located in Markham while interacting with multiple AMD sites in North America and globally
- Possesses a genuine desire to unleash the team’s potential and drive innovation
- Work with a high-performance ASIC development organization comprised of architecture, design, and verification teams, to deliver complex designs of the GFXIP
- Lead a team of highly skilled RTL designers
- Understand the architecture and designs being delivered to direct the team optimally
- Understand dependencies, and identify bottlenecks and risks early
- Work with team leads to develop practical, accurate effort estimates and convert them to schedule impact statements
- Drive new improvements and initiatives across the broader team
- Must have extensive experience in RTL design for ASIC development
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of highly skilled design engineers
- GPU design and development experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of micro-architecture
- Experience coding with Verilog or System Verilog or similar languages
- Experience collaborating with Physical Design teams to meet design requirements
- Knowledge of IP/SoC level timing closure flow and methodology
- Experience with lint, synthesis, CDC analysis, STA, developing design assertions, coverage, LEC and design methodologies
- Exposure to design and verification tools - VCS or equivalent simulator, debug tools such as Verdi and waveform viewers
- Familiar with Linux programming and scripting, in Perl, TCL or similar
- Bachelor’s (preferably Master’s) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Markham, ON Canada
Requisition Number: 100202
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Advanced Micro Devices inc.'s offers that may interest you