- Salary To be discussed
- Published on December 27th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ASIC IP Verification Engineer - 76311
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
ASIC IP Verification Engineer
The role owns the functional verification tests used for AMD’s graphics processor during manufacturing. This key role produces a large financial return to AMD by ensuring that we only package good silicon die. We need a self-driven creative engineer who can craft new tests to verify the operation of our new features and product configurations.
- An analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Possesses excellent comprehension, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-project team environment using state of the art tools and technology
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently to complete tasks on schedule
- Collaborate with architects, hardware and verification engineers, and product planners to understand the new features and configurations
- Create the new tests required to verify our new products
- Debug test failures to determine the root cause; work with RTL and firmware engineers to resolve design defects and correct any test issues
- Expand the capability of the tests to enable them to be used for timing and power characterization
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving AMD’s ASIC verification methodology
- Proficient in creating IP level or SOC level ASIC verification tests
- Proficient in debugging RTL code using simulation tools
- Experienced with Assembly code, Verilog, System Verilog, C, and C++
- Graphics pipeline knowledge
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- MS degree preferred
This position can be located in Orlando, FL or Markham, Ontario, Canada
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 76311
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.