Reporting to the manager of Hardware/FPGA research and development, your task will be to define and design FPGA for telecommunication and datacom products. More specifically, you will have to code in VHDL, do the simulation and synthesize. Finally, you will have to test FPGA components to make sure they will properly integrate (hardware and software) in the product.
- Very good knowledge of telecommunications (PDH, SONET/SDH) and datacom (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, ATM, etc.) protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of VDHL, Perl and Tcl.
- Excellent knowledge of simulation (Modelsim) and synthesis tools (Altera and Xilinx).
- Knowledge of high speed interface between FPGA and hardware (Serdes, DDR, PCIe, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of process and tools required during the hardware design phases.
- Practical knowledge of advanced verification methodologies (SystemVerilog, SystemC) an asset.
Required Skills and abilities
- Passionate about his/her work and about high-technology in general.
- Capable to take full ownership of the project assigned to him/her
- “Can-Do” attitude and capable to “do what it takes” to achieve objectives
- Team player capable to share with, as well as to learn from his/her coworkers.
- Capable to propose creative solution to the problems encountered.
- Autonomous and efficient with continuous improvement of his/her skills and work methods.
- Flexible with is approach with coworkers and projects.
Education and professional requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electronics, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years in related FPGA design field.
- Knowledge of constraints associated with hardware design.
- Bilingual: French and English are mandatory
- Must have a Canadian citizenship or be a permanent resident of Canada
Any other combination of experience/studies will be considered as well as candidates holding greater years of experience.
If you are interest in this position, please send your resume before to the attention of Hélène Gagné (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Human Resources Department. Please remember to specify the title of the position for which you are applying.
EXFO is an equal-opportunity employer.
Working at EXFO, it's the guarantee to work with sophisticated technologies in a dynamic, innovative and competitive environment!.
EXFO is a fast-moving company, and we are looking for the best talents to perform in this highly competitive industry.
Visit our website www.exfo.com for our many career opportunities in Montreal, Quebec and throughout de world.
At EXFO, expertise is built around you!