- This position is part of North America IT Security Operations team. The position is based in Montreal, Canada and is managed out of Jersey City, NJ.
- The operating systems scope is Microsoft Windows Server (Win2k3, Win2k8), Microsoft Windows Desktop (Windows XP, Windows 7) and VMWare ESX (vSphere 4.x, 5.x, ESXi 4.x, 5.x).
- Must be able to help the business manage risk by matching appropriate security controls against business requirements.
The Windows Systems Security Analyst:
- proactively monitors Bank ticketing and request systems and IT Security group mailboxes and addresses problems/requests in a timely manner
- responds to alerts coming from critical security systems such as ARCSight and McAfee ePO
- contributes metrics and KPIs/KRIs to security dashboards
- produces management reports with system security status across antivirus, baselines, and patches
- provides off-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis as required
- helps to ensure Windows and VMWare ESX systems meet local and global security policies and baselines
- performs security monitoring for Windows and VMWare ESX systems
- contributes to documented security configuration baselines and hardening guidelines for Windows and VMWare ESX systems
- conducts system security risk assessments to identify weaknesses and scans for operating system vulnerabilities and recommends and prioritizes remediation actions
- assist in identification and implementation of appropriate compensating controls to mitigate risk
- works closely with IT production and application support teams to track security issues and any potential exceptions through to closure
- liaises with internal and external auditors during reviews
- works with cross-functional Computer Security Incident Response Teams
- coordinates with global and local teams on threat containment and remediation
- proactively keeps current on industry security issues, especially those related to Windows and VMWare ESX.