- Position Title: Wintel Security Specialist
- Department: IT Security Operations
- Scope: BNPP North America
- Reporting Lines: Manager, IT Security Operations
This position is responsible for identifying the threats and vulnerabilities to the Windows Operating System. This includes conducting research and identifies operating system (OS) hardening guidelines, security assessments, implementing appropriate controls and performs security monitoring for the Windows Operating system environment.
This also includes validating operating system settings according to OS hardening settings, patch and hotfixes levels, document all pertinent system settings, information pertaining to system settings and processes for auditing, applying and validating a Windows operating system prior to and after application installation.
- Create and maintain information security documentation for Windows Operating system control standards and baselines.
- Create and maintain Windows application security documentation control standards and baselines.
- Conduct Windows security assessments on Wintel OS, network and application vulnerability assessments to identify security weaknesses and provide potential solutions
- Verify and produce monthly Wintel patch, hotfixes and av dat update status
- Work closely with other IT operation groups for identifying and remediation of systems with security issues.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining the process for managing and tracking systems that have been identified to have security issue.
- Assist in or facilitates the implementation of protective and mitigating controls.
- Works with cross-functional Computer Security Incident Response Team.
- Proactively keeps current on security issues related specifically and not limited to Windows
- Proactive system vulnerability analysis, and recommends correctiveãÂÂÂÂÂÂmeasures
- Coordinate with both global and local teams on Windows threat containment, and remediation.
- Attends weekly ITP Systems production meetings