This position is responsible for the implementation and the follow up of the inspection and test plan at site for the different components installed under his QA responsibility. The main responsibilities are:
• Follow up of the Quality system, protocol, and inspection and test plan;
• Issue, when required, the site non conformances and follow up to correct deficient situations;
• Monitor all work as defined in the quality system as well as in the inspection and test plan, issuing inspection reports, communicate the deviations, and follow-up;
• Perform measurements and quality tests according to the plans, record the data, and ensure the communication with the responsible on site;
• Supporting the team on site to ensure the work is done according to the quality standards required by the contract terms as well as the project quality plan in accordance with the schedules and budgets;
• Provide support to the team members with technical problems resolution;• Issue quality documentation required to release the work and ensure that all relevant quality documentation is accurately recorded and properly classified.
The Preferred Candidate ProfileCollege diploma in mechanical or in civil or any other equivalent diploma
5 years of experience in similar positions
Ability to read drawings and mechanical technical specifications
Ability to use electronic measuring instruments (FARO)
Specific technical knowledge such as caliper and micrometer (asset)
Excellent communication skillsThe selected candidate will initially be assigned to GM Shrum site in British Columbia.