- Provide 24/7/365 primary support of all RedHat Linux and Sun Solaris servers supported through New York.
- Proactively monitor all UNIX systems utilizing BNP Paribas standard tools.
- Maintain complete inventory and documentation of deployed systems.
- Liaise with application developers to gather requirements, design and deploy standard systems which clearly differentiate between Production, DR, Test and Development.
- Identify operational and infrastructure risks within the environment and work with the application development team and Equity business to make corrections and mitigate risks.
- Ensure that all systems are backed up according to the business requirements and notify the data owners when there are failures.
- Ensure optimal resilience of deployed systems; and meet all disaster recovery requirements specified by the business.
- Liaise with IT Production Engineers in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
- Maintain top-notch technical skills and business knowledge through proactive self-learning in addition to any formal instructor-led training provided by BNP Paribas.
- Evaluate emerging system technologies and align their benefits with the business strategy of BNPP.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
- Expert knowledge of RedHat Enterprise 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, and solid footing in Sun Solaris 10 and/or AIX 6.1
- Solid knowledge of Linux kernel internals, some experience building customized kernels and customized RPM packages
- Experience with low latency technologies such as 10Gb Ethernet, Infiniband and Kernel by-pass.
- Expert Knowledge of UNIX kernel and network subsystem tuning and optimization
- Strong knowledge of system performance and monitoring tools such as CA Unicenter, sar, iostat, vmstat, etc.
- Strong programming skills with Perl, awk, sed, Shell script (Bourne, C, Korn)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking – ability to use and understand output of tcpdump/snoop
- Administration of Unix core services and applications such as NIS, NFS, automount, DNS, DHCP, Samba, SendMail, Apache, NTP, sudo, Jumpstart/Kickstart, LDAP, SSH
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (Solaris Zones, Xen, VMWare, etc.)
- Comfortable performing system upgrades, installing layered products, and analyzing and troubleshooting complex production systems.
- Hands-on experience with various hardware including Dell and IBM Blade Chassis – H Series
- Basic knowledge of EMC SAN storage arrays and NetAPP Network Appliances.
- Should be familiar with system administration regarding relational databases (Sybase, Oracle), Middleware (WebSphere MQ), and market data distribution (Reuters RMDS) a plus.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
- Must be well-organized, responsible, a good project manager, have good verbal and written communication skills, and able to multitask in dynamic trading environment.
- Work as a member of a team, adhere to corporate standards and change management processes, and work to improve IT standards and policies.
Other Corpus Conseil's offers that may interest you