The role of the information security analyst is to analyze alerts generated by intrusion detection systems, which are deployed on client networks worldwide. When necessary, the analyst will be required to counter attacks by intervening in a manner that is in accordance with the intervention process established with clients. The analyst is also responsible for producing analysis reports on a monthly basis for clients and ensuring the optimum performance of client networks from an information security’s perspective.
- Using specialized tools, review alerts generated by sensors’ intrusion detection systems as well as logs produced by multiple types of systems.
- Open and track incidents based on suspicious alerts and/or logs in accordance with the intervention protocol of each client.
- Track vulnerabilities found on the infrastructure of clients using our vulnerabilities detection systems, and assist with the identification and recommendation of solutions related to the scheduling of the scans.
- Monitor the networks of clients using our remote monitoring and intrusion detection infrastructure, ensure the availability of said infrastructure and recommend solutions that would improve the security posture of the clients.
- Produce the required monthly reports.
- Answer and respond to calls for support.
- Contribute to the evaluation of our intrusion detection systems in the preproduction environment in order to identify and report anomalies and/or to suggest improvements to the remote monitoring solution.
- Other duties related to the position.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
- University Degree in IT or College degree with 2 years experience in IT
- Good technical knowledge related to network security
- Very knowledgeable of communication protocols found on modern networks (ICMP, IP, UDP, TCP, ARP, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, SNMP, POP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of operating systems such as Windows and Linux (RHEL, CentOS)
- Knowledge of tools and techniques related to intrusion detection and incident management (asset).
- Developed sense of resourcefulness
- Developed sense of initiative
- Abilities in analysis and investigation in order to provide recommendations
- Openness to continuous improvements
- Strong organizational and writing skills and ability to tailor the information according to the intended audience
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in French and in English
- Good speaking and writing skills in Spanish (asset)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment during work shifts, 24/7/365
- Ability to effectively communicate business concepts in a multicultural context.
Other Above Sécurité (Above Security)'s offers that may interest you